Westwood ruled out
Keeper Keiren Westwood has been ruled out of the Republic of Ireland's friendly against Greece through injury.
The 28-year-old was named by manager Giovanni Trapattoni in his starting line-up on Tuesday, but has been withdrawn after undergoing a scan on his groin. Westwood's place will be taken by 33-year-old Millwall keeper David Forde, who will win just his fourth senior cap.
A spokesman for the Football Association of Ireland said: "The Football Association of Ireland today confirmed that Keiren Westwood has been ruled out of tonight's game against Greece in Aviva Stadium with a groin injury. Keiren underwent a scan this morning, and will return to his club later this evening for treatment. David Forde will replace him for tonight's game."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Foul play as woman fined for not cleaning up after pet