Westwood visits Assange at embassy
Dame Vivienne Westwood has paid a visit to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at the embassy where he has been living since the summer.
The fashion designer was wearing the T-shirt she closed her recent London Show with, bearing the words "I am Julian Assange".
She is a long-standing supporter of the Australian, but it was the first time she had visited him at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.
Mr Assange, who has been granted political asylum by the government of Ecuador, is seeking to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning over claims of sex offences.
He fears being sent to the United States over the activities of his whistle-blowing website.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Foul play as woman fined for not cleaning up after pet