Woman remanded on boy murder charge
A woman has appeared in court charged with murdering a two-year-old boy.
Angela Vane, 40, appeared before magistrates in Torquay, charged with the murder of Shaun Riley O'Neill, who is understood to be her son.
Vane, of Champernowne in Modbury, Plymouth, spoke only to confirm her name, age and date of birth.
Wearing a beige cardigan and a striped top, the fair-haired defendant wept throughout the two-minute hearing, flanked by two female security guards.
She was remanded in custody to appear at Plymouth Crown Court on Wednesday.
She is expected to enter a plea in April, the court heard.
Police were called to Champernowne at 8am on Saturday following a report to officers.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Junior football call for new applications
- Blueprint for Stafford and Cannock's health future to be published June 19