Baby death: Man and woman charged
A man and a woman have been charged with the murder of a seven-week-old baby girl, West Yorkshire Police said.
An 18-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man were charged after the baby, named by police as Krystal Davison, died from her injuries at Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield, in the early hours of Friday.
Officers were called to the hospital on Thursday after the girl was brought in by ambulance from an address in Ashleigh Avenue, Pontefract, with serious injuries. Officers were informed the baby had died at about 3am on Friday, the force said.
The man and woman remain in custody and are due to appear at Pontefract Magistrates Court.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Stafford man hospitalised after three car smash in Beaconside