Bruce Forsyth breaks career record
Strictly Come Dancing host Sir Bruce Forsyth has been acknowledged for his colossal career with a Guinness World Record.
The 84-year-old star is to be included in the 2013 edition of the book for having the longest career as a male TV entertainer with an on-screen career spanning 72 years.
Also among those honoured in the new volume are BBC's Top Gear team who took the record for the world's most widely watched factual TV programme, with the show seen by audiences in 212 territories.
Sir Bruce is recognised for a TV career which began when he was aged just 11. And when he returns to our screens for the next series of BBC1's Strictly in little over a week, he will actually take the overall title for the longest career of a TV entertainer, surpassing former Golden Girl, US star Betty White.
He said of his inclusion in the new edition: "What a wonderful surprise, but what a shock - and it's all true."
Other new records include reformed band The Stone Roses whose comeback concerts became the fastest selling rock shows in the UK with 220,000 tickets selling out in 68 minutes.
Peter Kay was rewarded for the highest number of tickets sold for a stand-up comedy tour, shifting 1.14 million tickets for his series of dates from 2010-11.
He said: "I'm extremely proud to have receiving such an honour. I never imagined that one day I'd be included in the Guinness World Records. Just goes to show that the lovely Roy Castle was right - dedication is exactly what you need if you want to be a record breaker."
Manchester United star Ryan Giggs has scored four records in the new edition of the book, including the most appearances in the football Premier League (598) and most Premier League winner's medals (12). Commenting on his records, Giggs said: "To have my records in the Guinness World Records book, which I remember reading as a kid, is an amazing feeling."
The records feature in the Guinness World Records 2013 edition which comes out on September 13.
- Stafford kids lead the charge to the castle for St George's Day
- New car parking spaces could bring shoppers to Stafford
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy said #march4stafford represented patient choice at work
- Cannock MP Aidan Burley says #march4stafford forced to 'pick up the pieces' of 'catastrophic' foundation status decision
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- UKIP leader Nigel Farage at Staffordshire HS2 protest meeting
- Anti-HS2 campaigners take cherry picker to Stockwell Heath to highlight the peak of the problem
- Stafford Hospital trust board's fury at 'disgraceful' report
- Stafford Borough Conservatives to propose resolution against HS2
- VIDEO: Save Stafford Hospital - Rowan Draper