Cage fighter Reid held after row
Cage fighter Alex Reid has been arrested following a disturbance involving his girlfriend, former Big Brother star Chantelle Houghton.
The 37-year-old is in police custody where he is being questioned on suspicion of criminal damage and using violence to gain entry to the couple's home in Brentwood in the early hours of Thursday.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "Police were contacted just before 1.30am this morning with reports of a disturbance at a property in Spital Lane, Brentwood.
"A 37-year old man from Brentwood was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and using violence to secure entry, and is currently in police custody."
The couple have an 11-week-old daughter named Dolly.
Houghton, 29, recently told OK! magazine that her relationship with Reid has been "strained" and has spoken of how their plans to marry were put on hold.
The couple had been together for six months when they got engaged last October.
Reid, former husband of model Katie Price, is reported to have briefly moved out of the couple's home in recent weeks.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- UKIP leader Nigel Farage at Staffordshire HS2 protest meeting
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- VIDEO: Save Stafford Hospital - Rowan Draper