Daughter's appeal over OAP attack
The daughter of a 94-year-old woman subjected to a sickening assault in her home has issued an emotional appeal for information to bring her attacker to justice.
Joyce Blencoe described her horror at the severe injuries inflicted on her mother, Emma Winnall, as she appealed for someone to turn in those responsible for the vicious beating.
The victim's daughter, speaking at a news conference in Birmingham, said: "It's broken my heart to hear my frail and defenceless mum in hospital manage to say she was screaming for help and no one came.
"To see your mum viciously beaten and covered in blood is the most horrific nightmare."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- UKIP leader Nigel Farage at Staffordshire HS2 protest meeting
- Anti-HS2 campaigners take cherry picker to Stockwell Heath to highlight the peak of the problem
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- VIDEO: Save Stafford Hospital - Rowan Draper
- Stafford man hospitalised after three car smash in Beaconside