Dead baby: Teenager comes forward
A teenager has contacted police to say she is the mother of a baby boy found dead in waste being sorted at a recycling plant.
Officers received a telephone call on Wednesday from a girl who was in a distressed state, reporting that she was the mother of the baby found at Bell Waste Control in Scunthorpe.
The teenager was taken to Scunthorpe General Hospital where she has been admitted for post-natal care, a spokeswoman for Humberside Police said.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- UKIP leader Nigel Farage at Staffordshire HS2 protest meeting
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- VIDEO: Save Stafford Hospital - Rowan Draper
- Stafford man hospitalised after three car smash in Beaconside