Head of ex-soap actress in canal
The head of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie has been found in a canal, Scotland Yard confirmed.
Her headless and limbless body was discovered in Regent's Canal in Hackney, east London in March this year.
Subsequently other body parts were found, but it was only on Sunday that members of the public discovered a bag in the water at Kingsland Basin that contained a head.
Police confirmed that they had identified the 29-year-old using dental records, and her family have been told.
Her brother Tony McCluskie, 35, from east London, is due to face trial for her murder at the Old Bailey in November.
All of her body has now been found and a post mortem was carried out on Tuesday but did not give a cause of death. Investigators are waiting for the results of further tests.
The canal is being searched for items of Miss McCluskie's personal property.
- Sunday auditions for Gatehouse summer show are chance for stardom
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation