Man jailed over fridge killing
A man has been jailed for a minimum 24 years for killing an acquaintance by dropping a fridge on to his head.
Cameron McFly, 38, was found guilty at the Old Bailey of murdering Richard Ward, 37, of Battersea, south London, in November, last year.
The court heard the men were known to each other and McFly had taken Ward behind a store in Clapham Junction, south London, to rob him of money to buy drink.
He knocked him to the ground and kicked him before returning with the fridge which he dropped on Mr Ward's head.
Judge Paul Worsley jailed McFly, of Tooting, south London, for life.
The judge told McFly: "He was harmless and no threat to you. You knocked him to the ground and kicked him senseless.
"You then armed yourself with a fridge and dropped it on Mr Ward's head.
"It was a senseless and cowardly attack."
Danny Samuel, 35, also of Tooting, was cleared of murder.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation