Soldier killed by Afghan bomb named
A soldier killed in Afghanistan by a roadside bomb has been named as Sergeant Lee Paul Davidson of The Light Dragoons.
The 32-year-old from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, died after his Ridgeback vehicle was hit while patrolling with the Afghan Uniformed Police in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand province.
He leaves his pregnant wife Samantha and two sons Jayden and Jamie.
Paying tribute to her husband Mrs Davidson said: "My gorgeous husband Lee, we all can't believe you have gone.
"You are my best friend, lover and the best husband and father I could have ever have wished for.
"You really are the total package - good looking, kind, loving, generous and the best dad I have ever known.
"Your memories we had together will be treasured in my mind and heart forever, your children will grow up knowing all this about you.
"You will never be forgotten. Never. All our love, your Samantha, Jayden, Jamie and your little daughter who is on the way very soon. X."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Stafford man hospitalised after three car smash in Beaconside