Woman in court over 'bleach bottle'
A woman has been remanded in custody after appearing in court over an incident where an 11-month-old boy was given a bottle feared to contain bleach.
Elaine Joyner, 53, of Vaughan Williams Close, Deptford, south-east London, appeared at Bromley Magistrates' Court charged with administering a noxious substance with intent to endanger life, police said.
The toddler was with his mother and grandmother in McDonald's on Eltham High Street, south east London, when the incident happened at around 12.40pm on Thursday.
He swallowed some of the contents and immediately vomited before being taken to hospital for observation. Police do not believe anyone else was affected.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Joyner will appear at Woolwich Crown Court on September 21.
- 'Fury' at bid to axe safe Gravel Lane crossing
- Julie Bailey "snubbed" by Stafford Borough Council
- Cannock council quashes rumours they intend to prosecute hospital campaigners
- Hospital's not changed says patient
- Stafford Hospital decision date set
- Campaign against new Stone supermarket continues on car windows