Yard sacks Dizaei for second time
Corrupt police chief Ali Dizaei has lost his job at Scotland Yard for a second time.
The 49-year-old, who has twice been jailed for corruption, was dismissed from his post as commander after an internal disciplinary tribunal.
A spokesman for Dizaei confirmed the ruling but added: "His case against the Metropolitan Police Service and his conviction is not over."
The sacking was a formality after his career was effectively ended by his conviction for misconduct and perverting the course of justice at a retrial in February.
He received a three-year prison sentence - reduced by the time he already spent behind bars after guilty verdicts in 2010 were quashed a year later by the Court of Appeal.
Dizaei won his job back with the Metropolitan Police before the retrial but had been suspended on full salary, pending the disciplinary process.
Dizaei's spokesman said he "has been down this road before where he was prematurely dismissed from the force in 2010 when there was a live appeal against his conviction".
He said on Tuesday: "He notes with interest how the Met remained silent when he won his appeal and was reinstated last year, and today the MPS (Metropolitan Police Service) department of public affairs is busy shouting his dismissal from rooftops to the media.
"There is (an) ongoing appeal against his conviction and Mr Dizaei has issued employment tribunal proceedings against the MPS with regard to his treatment scheduled to be heard in February 2013."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- UKIP leader Nigel Farage at Staffordshire HS2 protest meeting
- Anti-HS2 campaigners take cherry picker to Stockwell Heath to highlight the peak of the problem
- Stafford Hospital trust board's fury at 'disgraceful' report
- Stafford Borough Conservatives to propose resolution against HS2
- VIDEO: Save Stafford Hospital - Rowan Draper