COUNCILLORS have approved controversial plans to transfer education support services to a new company.
Earlier the cabinet member for education, finance and transformation was presented with a 1,400-name petition opposing his plans.
The new company will see 4,000 staff providing services including catering, special educational needs, cleaning, caretaking, performing arts and grounds maintenance transfer to the new company to be run by
Capita, who will have the majority share of 51 per cent with the council owning the remaining 49 per cent.
Councillor Parry told the meeting a further 1,600 new jobs would be created and would add £503 million to Staffordshire’s economy over 10 years.
For the full story pick up today's Staffordshire Newsletter.