A STAFFORD mother has said she warned a supermarket chain about the dangers of unattended dogs outside its stores after her son was bitten - just two weeks before a woman suffered horrific facial injuries in a mauling.
Lynn Kenderdine, of Tixall Road, was horrified to read in last week’s Newsletter about Tracey Crowe’s ordeal outside Silkmore Co-op because her son Sam, 26, was bitten on the hand by a German Shepherd dog outside another Co-op branch.
Mrs Crowe, 47, was bitten below her left eye by a Staffordshire bull terrier on February 27 and could be scarred for life.
Mrs Kenderdine told the Newsletter she had written to Co-op’s head office after her son was bitten outside Holmcroft Coop on February 15.
She said: “He was savaged by a dog tied to railings. The dog bit his hand so badly that it was bleeding and left puncture wounds.
“Unbeknown to Sam there was a lady already in the store making a complaint about the same dog as it had savaged her hand minutes earlier.
The Holmcroft incidents have been reported to police.
A Co-op spokeswoman said: “It is the responsibility of a dog owner to ensure that their dog behaves appropriately in public. We will however review the areas that our customers choose to secure their dogs when shopping with us for good order.”
You can read about the attack in Silkmore here: