Dylan Hartley is determined to prove he is not on the British and Irish Lions tour just to make up the numbers when he leads Northampton into the Aviva Premiership final against Leicester.
Boris Becker regards the injury that has prompted Andy Murray's withdrawal from the French Open as being something of a "blessing in disguise" for the world number two ahead of Wimbledon.
Carl Froch has promised "an unbelievable, fantastic, phenomenal, vicious, brutal, barbaric fight" when he clashes with old rival Mikkel Kessler on Saturday.
Aston Villa have confirmed recently retired Stiliyan Petrov will take up a new role as assistant to development coach Gordon Cowans at the club's academy.
Sergio Garcia has escaped punishment for what could be construed as a racist remark about Tiger Woods after offering an unreserved apology for his "stupid and out of place" comments at the European Tour's annual awards ceremony.
Eddie Ahern has been found guilty of three breaches of British Horseracing Authority rules following a disciplinary inquiry into alleged corruption.
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Residents will be glad to see the back of Nicholson, says Stone MP
- Skimmers scam Stone shoppers
- Award for Stafford's Guildhall Shopping Centre
- Stafford campaigner Julie Bailey says Sir David Nicholson 'should go now not next year'
- Hospital campaigners hope Stafford songbird can soar up charts with protest song
- Reluctant planners approve Stafford development
- Health secretary Jeremy Hunt responds to Francis Report into Stafford Hospital
- Supporters flock to Support Stafford Hospital campaign HQ
- Stafford pup pulls a pint and the perfectly paired plateful
- STORIFY: Snow engulfs Stafford and the surrounding area
- Shadow health secretary Andy Burnham says Stafford Hospital's future must be secured