Login Register

Stone back garden development rejected again

By Staf Newsletter  |  Posted: March 13, 2014

Comments (0)

A DEVELOPER who wanted to build four houses in the back garden of a Stone semi-detached property has seen the plans rejected.

Andrew Cockayne of Kendrick Homes had previously had plans for five houses on the same site, in Oulton Road, refused and a subsequent appeal dismissed.

Objector Granville Styler,67, of Oulton Road, said the houses would be like a double decker bus by his garden hedge.

“A reduction from five houses to four does not itself overcome the previous grounds for refusal. It’s still cramped and congested.”

Proposing the application be refused Councillor Barry Stamp said: “The developments in OUlton road up to now have been detached properties. This is the back garden of a semi-detached property. The previous application was cramped – it may be less cramped than the last one but it’s still cramped.”

Stafford borough Council’s planning committee rejected the application by 10 votes to two.

Read more from Staff Newsletter

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES